LAMP is a popular open source web platform commonly used to run dynamic web sites and servers. It includes Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Python/Perl and is considered by many the platform of choice for development and deployment of high performance web applications which require a solid and reliable foundation.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHP, Python and Perl support for Apache2 and MySQL.
- XCache – PHP opcode caching acceleration.
- PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 – uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
A separate LAPP stack appliance features PostgreSQL instead of MySQL.